WELCOME TO MERCY'S FUTURE ... NOW
As part of the celebration of our 60th anniversary beginning with the 2014-2015 school year, Mercy has undergone a transformation for our original classroom wing. The classroom renovation project is expected to go for a couple years altogether in two phases, and the goal is to modernize our school and our classrooms for years to come. Stay tuned for more information - and more pictures of what Mercy is looking like now (hint: it looks a lot like this drawing) ....
Mercy News & Events:
- The 25th annual Mercy Gala will be held Saturday, Nov. 1, at 6 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Fogelsville. Please visit our Gala page for more information, and you can sign up to be a sponsor and/or participant using the button on this page.
- In support of Mercy and the Gala, the Gala committee is holding a fundraising night at Menchie's at 2 locations in Allentown on Thursday, Oct. 2, in which we get 20% of the proceeds. You have to bring this attached flyer for Mercy to get credit - thank you!
- If you are interested in bringing your child to Mercy during the school year, you are most welcome to take a tour and see if Mercy is right for your child's needs. If you've made Mercy your school of choice, please be sure to complete the following forms as appropriate:
- Our 25th Annual Golf & Tennis Classic was just that - a classic! Visit our Golf page for more details about this year's event, and stay tuned for photos that will be posted on Facebook soon. In the meantime, you can see what The Morning Call spotlighted in the Scene section.
- Mercy has completed another great year of camp. This camp would not have been possible without these individuals who donated their time and talents: Alyssa Kleckner, Michael Semler, Gretchen Siemon, Betty Hader, Donnalee Carroll, Sue Farina, Jackie Wertman, Patti Christof, Traci Cyr and her basketball players, The Sanctuary at Haafsville (Donna, Steve and Carol), Cindy Tarafas, Abby MacDonald, Joan Nagle, Sue Parker and Mr. Steve from Music Therapy Associates. We'd also like thank DeSales University and Perkins Restaurant on Lehigh Street for their most generous donations, and a special thank you goes to Mountainville Bowling Lanes and Rodale Aquatic Center for always being so flexible and accommodating. A big Mercy cheer goes out to all of you! Visit our Facebook page to see all the photos of our camp.
- Looking for more resources? we've added a new page to our website for just that! Click here for our new Resources page.
Check the Archives page for information
on past events and news
At Mercy Special Learning Center...
We strive to educate the whole child in the areas of physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual development, while respecting the dignity and potential of each person. We welcome this opportunity to acquaint you with the many aspects of our educational program and encourage you to explore how:
- We can help your child to grow
- Learn about the many "special" ideals of education that we create to benefit the community
- Discover how you can help us grow in our efforts to benefit Mercy
- Join our mailing list!
receive weekly updates straight
to your mailbox!
830 South Woodward Street
Allentown, PA 18103